Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Hey, you! Get ride of that horrid blue Blogger Navbar!

Have you noticed that the Blogger navbar is now more customisable? (well, in an ultimate world I could select the background colour myself!) but now there are more options than the horrid blue and tan!

{yeah, a lot of people remove/hide their Blogger navigation bar but I find it quite useful for searching and "following" a blog, and I'm always a bit bummed when it's removed. So there!}

My personal favourite is the Transparent Light - which means you can see the background pattern (or colour) behind it. See what I mean on this Christmas Baubles template. Cool, yeah?



You can find this feature under the LAYOUT > PAGE ELEMENTS (click on "Edit" in the Navbar area and a pop-up window will open).

A lot of you may have known about this but for those who haven't - enjoy!

6 comments :

  1. Thanks for the hint! I also like the way that you point out that there's a good reason to have the Navbar on your page- everyone likes to have (more) Followers :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like for the navbar to be there. I also heard it's against Blogger's TOU to remove it?? Haven't confirmed that rumor, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend recommended to this blog.... you have some awesome articles shear. keep it up the great work

    android application | android web application

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post i really glad to read this informative post, thanks to share :)

    voip systems

    ReplyDelete

If you're having issues, PLEASE leave an email address I can contact you on - and also don't forget to leave your blog URL. Please also read my FAQ which are >>> HERE

I advise you to also "subscribe to the comment feed" and get email updates when I respond to your question.

Spam/advertising comments will NEVER BE TOLERATED and will be deleted immediately!

Thanks for reading,
Sharnee